* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's dark, it's soft with some pokey out bits some of which are sharp and hurt; it's like anyone else's head really.


LINKS
:: Email Rynnie[>]
:: Wishlist [>]
:: My Flickr [>]
:: Animal Rescue [>]
BLOGS
:: Alex Bennett [>]
:: amy [>]
::Barb [>]
::Brian Malow [>]
::Charles [>]
:: eva8 [>]
:: Gina [>]
:: KITHblog [>]
::Kristi [>]
::Marc Hershon [>]
:: My Cat Hates You Dot Com [>]
:: Neil Gaiman [>]
:: Not Always Right [>]
:: PostSecret [>]
:: Questionable Content [>]
:: Recovering Beauty [>]
:: Sarah [>]
:: Sarah C [>]
:: Social Grace [>]
:: Tavie [>]

Saturday, May 5

Peepers


My friend, Eva, got Peepers 6 years ago. He was one of those birds who wasn't working out in the household he was in. Eva had never had a parrot but she has a warm heart and a giving nature and she took him in. He turned into a source of entertainment, a feathery child, and a lesson in taking creatures as they are. He came preprogrammed to say, "Baby?" and "Peepers?" When I was on the phone with Eva I could always hear him squawking and chirping in the background. When I was at her house Peepers would fly over and sit on me and on one memorable day he stood on my chest, gave me kisses with his leathery tongue on my bottom lip then he cleaned away all the dead skin on my lips. I like to think that that made me part of the flock.

Peepers died on Thursday as result of an accident. I will miss his ninja ways and hope that when he reincarnates, he'll drop in to say hi.

Photo by Peeper's mom, Eva.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for this sweet tribute!

Mon May 07, 07:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Rynn said...

He was a sweet, although bite-y, boy. I miss him.

Tue May 08, 11:15:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! That is so sad!

Gina

Wed May 09, 05:34:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home