* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's dark, it's soft with some pokey out bits some of which are sharp and hurt; it's like anyone else's head really.


LINKS
:: Email Rynnie[>]
:: Wishlist [>]
:: My Flickr [>]
:: Animal Rescue [>]
BLOGS
:: Alex Bennett [>]
:: amy [>]
::Barb [>]
::Brian Malow [>]
::Charles [>]
:: eva8 [>]
:: Gina [>]
:: KITHblog [>]
::Kristi [>]
::Marc Hershon [>]
:: My Cat Hates You Dot Com [>]
:: Neil Gaiman [>]
:: Not Always Right [>]
:: PostSecret [>]
:: Questionable Content [>]
:: Recovering Beauty [>]
:: Sarah [>]
:: Sarah C [>]
:: Social Grace [>]
:: Tavie [>]

Sunday, April 29

Quiet

I'm alone in the house. It's so quiet. Even though it's raining, I have
the windows open a little, and I can hear birds calling to each other.
I feel alone but not lonely. I sat out in the living room and watched
someTV on the channels I don't get because I don't have a cable box
yet. It felt uncomfortable, as if I was being watched, so although I
have run of the house I'm in my room with the door shut, Maudry on my lap, Jocelyn on the pillows behind me, and I'm writing this.

I left the window at the head of my bed open last night and listened to
the frogs singing. It's such a comforting sound, like falling not quite
asleep in the back seat of the car as a child; hearing nothing but the
car's engine and that moment when we arrived home and the car was shut
off - that moment just before my mom said, "Home again, home again,
jig-a-de-jig," the songs of the frogs lifting me up as if I were flying.

I miss those moments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the sound of the frogs, the peepers, it's so comforting, it's like happy music.
one of the best sounds in the world.

Mon Apr 30, 08:10:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home