* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's dark, it's soft with some pokey out bits some of which are sharp and hurt; it's like anyone else's head really.


LINKS
:: Email Rynnie[>]
:: Wishlist [>]
:: My Flickr [>]
:: Animal Rescue [>]
BLOGS
:: Alex Bennett [>]
:: amy [>]
::Barb [>]
::Brian Malow [>]
::Charles [>]
:: eva8 [>]
:: Gina [>]
:: KITHblog [>]
::Kristi [>]
::Marc Hershon [>]
:: My Cat Hates You Dot Com [>]
:: Neil Gaiman [>]
:: Not Always Right [>]
:: PostSecret [>]
:: Questionable Content [>]
:: Recovering Beauty [>]
:: Sarah [>]
:: Sarah C [>]
:: Social Grace [>]
:: Tavie [>]

Saturday, December 16

...All But The Lingering Cough

I'm not sick anymore. Yay! There's no snow on the ground. Yay! There's sun coming through my bedroom window. Yay!

This whole "Christmas Thing" is not affecting me as much as I thought it would. The tree is trimmed and gifts under it but the lights aren't on all the time so for me it can fade into the background. The only thing that's pissing me off are the long lines in stores, it's not so bad if the people in line will play and be silly, but sometimes it can be cold and dark and last you the rest of your life.

I've gotten a couple of small things, because it's not right to live in a place and not give the family something even if its in honor of a holiday I don't celebrate. I'm going out tomorrow with Eva and Theanna to finish off what I have to do.

I never thought I'd have to go Christmas shopping again. By next year I hope to be back to my pagan ways.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nobody said...

Ehh pagans started the holiday anyway...Christians just stole it.

I've settled on a fairly comfortable "secular christmas" but I certainly admit that my celebration of the holiday does stem from my jesusfreak upbringing. But just because I decided to shed the whole naked baby talking to donkeys thing, but I dig the big meal with lots of disgusting sweets, and the giving of gifts, so I've convinced myself it went like this:
Different pagan groups created the winter holidays. Christans stole it. And heathens (my church) are trying to steal it from them. Making it all about money and food, man.

Regardless, my darling Rynn, whatever you choose to celebrate or not celebrate, I hope it is wonderful and beautiful, and that as the year starts anew, that you too are reborn into a new chapter of your life.

I love you (I know I suck and don't say it enough...But I do. You're one of my favorite people on Earth, even if I forget to remind you how great you truly are.)

Steve

Wed Dec 20, 10:06:00 AM EST  
Blogger Rynn said...

Ah, Steve, you make me feel like a fucking princess. I miss you, but more than that I want to meet your family. When I drive back to San Francisco I'm dropping in on you and yours.

I love you, and I hope your family have a wonderful winter solstice.

Wed Dec 20, 10:54:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home