* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's dark, it's soft with some pokey out bits some of which are sharp and hurt; it's like anyone else's head really.


LINKS
:: Email Rynnie[>]
:: Wishlist [>]
:: My Flickr [>]
:: Animal Rescue [>]
BLOGS
:: Alex Bennett [>]
:: amy [>]
::Barb [>]
::Brian Malow [>]
::Charles [>]
:: eva8 [>]
:: Gina [>]
:: KITHblog [>]
::Kristi [>]
::Marc Hershon [>]
:: My Cat Hates You Dot Com [>]
:: Neil Gaiman [>]
:: Not Always Right [>]
:: PostSecret [>]
:: Questionable Content [>]
:: Recovering Beauty [>]
:: Sarah [>]
:: Sarah C [>]
:: Social Grace [>]
:: Tavie [>]

Sunday, August 14

The fall, revisited

I feel as though I blamed Froggy too quickly in causing or being a factor in the tumble I took a week ago.

What I believe now is that it was my fault for wearing jeans that were too long. I think that I stepped on my right pant leg with my left foot, then when I went to step down the cement step just before you get to my door there wasn't enough give for my right foot to reach the ground. Gravity being a constant, I was thrown off balance and landed on the side of my right foot with my full weight. (Over 200 pounds, people; I'm lucky that I didn't break the damn thing!) I pitched forward, scraping the top of my left foot on the edge of the step and landed sitting on top of it. I guess it was more or less at this point that I sprained my left foot.

Oh, and I was wearing flip-flops - white trash takes a spill!

I'm pleased to report that the swelling has gone down a lot, the bruises are still there but fading, and although there is still some pain, its not so bad that I have to take anything for it.

I almost wish that someone had been here so they could tell me if this is what happened, but on the other hand, I would have to kill all witnesses....

PS I've taken pictures of my poor injured feet this last week, I'll try to post them within the next few days for those of you who like to wince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home