* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's dark, it's soft with some pokey out bits some of which are sharp and hurt; it's like anyone else's head really.


LINKS
:: Email Rynnie[>]
:: Wishlist [>]
:: My Flickr [>]
:: Animal Rescue [>]
BLOGS
:: Alex Bennett [>]
:: amy [>]
::Barb [>]
::Brian Malow [>]
::Charles [>]
:: eva8 [>]
:: Gina [>]
:: KITHblog [>]
::Kristi [>]
::Marc Hershon [>]
:: My Cat Hates You Dot Com [>]
:: Neil Gaiman [>]
:: Not Always Right [>]
:: PostSecret [>]
:: Questionable Content [>]
:: Recovering Beauty [>]
:: Sarah [>]
:: Sarah C [>]
:: Social Grace [>]
:: Tavie [>]

Monday, September 4

Urg

I was born sometime between 11 and 11:30 am E.D.T. which means in less than a day I will be 45.

My mother died at 46 years, 9 months, and 15 days. Her father died when she was 15. I feel like someone on death row. (The part of the prison system, not the record label.) I know there's no reason to feel this way but I do. My grandmother lived into her 90's, her mother lived until she was 104. I don't know which is worse; dying young or outliving your worth.

So, 45. I still feel like I'm in my twenties most days. If asked quickly, "How old are you?" I'm likely to answer "26!" before realizing I'm not. I'm more playful now then I was in my 20's, more willing to party, more open to other ideas, willing to let others have their beliefs no matter how I feel about it as long as they're happy.

I'll feel better tomorrow but today I'm feeling low and lonely. I miss my west coast friends, I want to go to The Stinking Rose and have a few dollars to go bead shopping at Baubles and Beads or General Bead or both. I want to get hugs and kisses from my west coast friends, I want to go to a comedy show and feel like a fucking princess.

I'll still want these things tomorrow, but I won't be so beat up about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are clearly better than ever!!!! I can hardly wait until next year, when you will be exactly one year better.
Love as always,
PPPPiglet, me!!

Fri Sep 08, 05:30:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home