* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's dark, it's soft with some pokey out bits some of which are sharp and hurt; it's like anyone else's head really.


LINKS
:: Email Rynnie[>]
:: Wishlist [>]
:: My Flickr [>]
:: Animal Rescue [>]
BLOGS
:: Alex Bennett [>]
:: amy [>]
::Barb [>]
::Brian Malow [>]
::Charles [>]
:: eva8 [>]
:: Gina [>]
:: KITHblog [>]
::Kristi [>]
::Marc Hershon [>]
:: My Cat Hates You Dot Com [>]
:: Neil Gaiman [>]
:: Not Always Right [>]
:: PostSecret [>]
:: Questionable Content [>]
:: Recovering Beauty [>]
:: Sarah [>]
:: Sarah C [>]
:: Social Grace [>]
:: Tavie [>]

Friday, January 21

Dylan Moran

He's been doing stand-up for ages, but I only knew him as an actor but last night I saw him on BBC America doing his material. He's amazingly funny. Here's a taste of his comedy that I found in an article on line.

"You tend to lie a lot as an adult. It's part of your means of getting
around. You know, when you're late and you arrive and say: 'I'm so
sorry. Traffic. Traffic was terrible. And there was a fire as well. A
small boy - I had to give him an eye operation and all I had was a
spatula and a banana.' You should just tell the truth. You should just
walk in and say: 'I knew you were here. I knew you were waiting. I was
at home and do you know what I did? I had a bun. And it was delicious.
Because I knew you were waiting. I'll have a glass of wine - thank you
very much.' And people do that as well when they break up. People always
try and bullshit one another. 'I'm leaving you because you're such a
nice person. Because you're such a good person. I'm not worthy. I have
to go and live under a bridge.' Just tell the truth. Grab them by the
teeth, hold them to you and say: 'I'm leaving you because you are the
most boring fucker I've ever met in my whole life. I hate you so much it
gives me energy. You remember that crazy sound you used to hear when you
were going to sleep? That was me, chewing the bed.' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home