* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's dark, it's soft with some pokey out bits some of which are sharp and hurt; it's like anyone else's head really.


LINKS
:: Email Rynnie[>]
:: Wishlist [>]
:: My Flickr [>]
:: Animal Rescue [>]
BLOGS
:: Alex Bennett [>]
:: amy [>]
::Barb [>]
::Brian Malow [>]
::Charles [>]
:: eva8 [>]
:: Gina [>]
:: KITHblog [>]
::Kristi [>]
::Marc Hershon [>]
:: My Cat Hates You Dot Com [>]
:: Neil Gaiman [>]
:: Not Always Right [>]
:: PostSecret [>]
:: Questionable Content [>]
:: Recovering Beauty [>]
:: Sarah [>]
:: Sarah C [>]
:: Social Grace [>]
:: Tavie [>]

Monday, August 16

I Took Bozo's Place

Years ago, my best friend's sister was talking about Theanna's imaginary friend; he was a clown named Bozo. Apparently, Bozo was always in attendance. He went to the grocery store, he went to church, he went to nap time. Wherever Theanna was, Bozo was also.

At one point Theanna's sister said, "Rynn took Bozo's place."

I was someone's imaginary friend; I've never been more pleased.

See, the thing about imaginary friends is that they are there whenever you need them and they are who you want them to be. Who would want to be more than that?

I think I started thinking about this because I'm reading Anne Lamott and she is all about friends and connections and being there when needed as you are. I highly recommend Traveling Mercies, in spite of the fact that much of it is about god, because it's also about faith which you can have -- by the way -- without believing in god or Jesus or religion in general.

I love being a friend. I do it well. I can say that it's the thing I do best and believe it. It's the thing I hold my head high about. I can't do math, or keep a bank account that has funds in it, and sometimes I can't get out of bed, but fuckin' A, I am a good friend.

I'm going to try to remember this the next time I feel low. And while I'm doing that, I going to remember that my friends are wonderful, too. I chose them carefully and keep them forever, or at least until they get tired of me.

I love you, one and all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home